Hiking in the mountains can be the most beautiful experience. The lush decor, the clean air and the "music" of nature recharge your "batteries" and give you a feeling of well-being. But nothing seems more terrifying than realizing, after several kilometers of climbing, that you are missing water, a compass, a first aid kit or something else essential. So that this scenario does not write the story of your hike, find out how to pack smart!
According to studies, the common factors that contribute to incidents during a hike are the result of a misjudgment. Fatigue, physical condition, experience or insufficient equipment can turn a beautiful hike into an unpleasant experience. Many of these factors can be avoided by efficiently packing your things in your backpack.
The key criteria
To make sure you have everything you need, make a list of the things you need to take.
Before completing the list of essentials, consider these criteria:
Special needs - Maybe you have a special need, such as an amulet or a medicine that you need to take with you, these things you will not find in the lists of experienced hikers, but if they are important to you, then put them list head;
The backpack should not be too heavy "Don't make the backpack unnecessary because you're going to carry it in your back." The maximum weight should be around 12 kg for the warm season and 15 kg for the cold season (when you need more food and thick clothes);
Take waterproof bags with you! - Protect the contents of the backpack from moisture with a waterproof bag. You should also have one for clothes, a small one for gadgets and one for the sleeping bag (this includes an inflatable pillow);
The ideal system for placing things in a backpack - Put things in descending order of their weight, starting with placing them in the area that will stick to your back. This way the heaviest ones will be closer to you and will be easier to transport;
Get the things you need quickly: water, map, emergency kit, rain jacket + fleece blouse, sunscreen, insect repellent, compass, headlamp, external battery, etc .;
Make sure it's the right backpack for you in terms of size;
Place the water bottles on the sides of the backpack to balance the backpack.
List of happy hikers
What your hiking backpack should definitely include:
1. Essential and personal: emergency kit, quick snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, headlamp, map, compass, phone, external battery, insect repellent, toiletries and anything else important to you;
2. Waterproof clothes;
3. Food - choose the quantity and assortments according to how long the hike lasts and position them above all things. Choose foods rich in protein and calories;
4. Cooking equipment - if the route lasts several days;
5. Sleeping bag;
6. Cort - place it vertically, glued to the area of the backpack that will sit on your back. You can also consider separating the pieces to divide the weight evenly on the surface of the backpack;
7. Water bottles (handy and additional);
8. Important accessories - trekking poles, windproof lighter and waterproof matchsticks, extra flashlight, knife, glasses and what other products you need for the meal;
9. Waterproof backpack bags.
Want to know more about hiking? Check out the other blog posts too! You will get more important information to help you be well prepared for a hike.