Located in the heart of Predeal resort, a mountain and ski resort, Hotel CARMEN is the ideal destination for recreation, for business meetings or for private events. Both the rooms and the apartments provide guests with unique comfort through the design that combines the classic elements with the modern ones, through the warm colors that create an intimate, pleasant atmosphere, through the modern furniture and the fine materials used as well as through the quality services.
that we make available to our guests
The tradition of hospitality in the Predeal area starts after 1700, when here, at the border between the Romanian Country and the Habsburg Empire, the Inn of Ruja and the Inn of Gura Rasnoavei are built. These have always been burned and rebuilt. Only at the beginning of the 20th century do hotels of the type of large and durable buildings appear: Predeal Hotel, Tucek Hotel and Palace-Predeal Hotel. The first two hotels will be demolished and the last one still exists today in comparison, being known as Porumbita villa.
At the beginning of the third decade of the last century, on the place where the Carmen hotel is located today, three imposing constructions appear in the predella landscape, all being known under the generic name of "General Demetrio's Villas". The villa on the street, which was also the largest was called "Vila Carmen". All these were built between 1928-1930 by General Demetrius, on land bought from the Royal House.
In a short time, the villa on the main street, besides the accommodation spaces, will also include hairdressing salon, hairdresser, cellar-restaurant, all reunited under the name of Carmen, a name that will be identified in time with Predelean tourism. Carmen has become a brand over time, a clear, uninvented tradition, a continuation of hospitality under Cetatuia hill, initially started by Ruja's inn. After 1937, this three-villa complex changes its owner, and "Vila Carmen", unlike the other two smaller ones, is demolished to the ground, being affected by a powerful fire.
From 1939, on the site of the former Carmen villa, which had a neo-Romanesque architecture, another Carmen villa emerges, with a mountain-style architecture, the place where the present king Mihai arrived quite often. On the occasion of the passing of King Mihai through Predeal, through the 2000s, he fondly remembered the Carmen hotel, stopped at it and signed it in the honor book.
After the communists came to power, Vila Carmen is nationalized and transformed into a rest house. By the 1960s, the villa was given the Predeal hotel name, so that in the 1970s it would return to its old name. In "Little Tourist Index-Predeal", a book written by Maria Rodica Niculescu and published in 1988 at the Sport-Turism publishing house, we find on the pages with views and a view with the hotel Carmen, of which the author says: "The well-known hotel Carmen, the heart of another time of Predeal ”.
Hotel Carmen has maintained its structure over time, often being repaired, until 2011, when it was partially demolished, to erect a new building, with European funds. About the history of this place you can also read in the books "100 steps in time, another kind of guide about Prahova Valley and Bucegi Natural Park" and "Predeal through your eyes, a book about then, about now and for the future". Today, Carmen Hotel it is presented in new clothes, after years of work, personal efforts and sacrifices, both by the owners and the staff.